Thursday, February 2, 2012

Glad we didn't listen..........

When Matt and I were in high school, we did a lot of the same activities. I was a soccer cheerleader, he was a soccer fan.....when I was a basketball cheerleader, he was a basketball player, the we both participated in track and field. While doing all these activities and spending so much time together we really got to know each other and I thought he would be a perfect match for my younger sister me. We dated and hung out at practice and after practice and even even on the bus rides to and from the games. and the rest they say, "is history".

We did't get a lot of support from a lot of friends about our relationship because I was a senior and he was a sophomore in high school, but we didn't listen.

When college letters were coming back I picked somewhere to go close enough that he could visit or I could go home........."Long distance relationships don't work" we heard....but we didn't listen.

Then 5 years and 1 day (started dating feb 2, 2001) of dating later and no one "rooting" for our relationship to last, Matt proposed Feb 3, 2006........ and I once again said yes :-).

Now after being together for 11 years, married for almost 5, 2 children, 2 busy careers and owning a house together........................................................... We're glad we didn't listen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment