Sunday, February 5, 2012

What did he say?!?!?!?

Often times when we are talking/playing with Riley he says something that makes us ask each other, "What did he say?" Today when I was getting him dressed, I really had to work to get him dressed got some much needed exercise. He is a very busy three year old boy :-) I said to him, "Rye, some times you drive me crazy!!!" He then replied, "Well mommy, sometimes you drive me crazy!!!" ........I looked at him and said,  "what did you say".

While getting all the snacks out for the Superbowl on the table, Rye looks at the table full of snacks and said, "This is the life".......... Matt and I looked at each other and asked, "what did he say???"

We have a friend of ours that is really funny to watch when she interacts with Rye. When he talks to her she looks at us and says, "what did he just say?" It's not that he doesn't have speech, it's that she isn't paying attention to him listening hard enough to hear what he is saying.

One thing I wish I did from my first year teaching and when Riley starting speaking, was to write down every silly, odd, beautiful, tender thing they ever said.........I hear some really interesting things from my students (so parents beware what you say in front of your kids......chances are your kids teachers know all about it) and some beautiful tender things from Riley.

So the next time you listen to a child talk to you or talking to their parent, listen closely, it may put a smile on your face :-)

1 comment: