Friday, February 3, 2012

Mommy/Teacher

Ever since I found out I was pregnant with Riley, I make sure that I read to him (and now Paige) as often as I can. As a child, I was read to and sung to a lot....so much in fact that I still remember the book titles and the words to the songs that my mother, grandmother and father all read and sung to me. This had such an impact on me as a child, that I want to make sure my kids know as many stories as they can and even more songs and nursery rhymes then I know now......Matt and I grew up very differently and often times when Rye and I are singing a song from Raffy's greatest hits, Matt doesn't know the words (some of students don't know simple nursery rhymes or toddler songs either) and is hearing the song for the first time. Parents parent differently and sometimes its the easy and free things in life you remember the most.

I heard a lot when I was pregnant with Paige, "just wait........ having two children is sooooo much harder then one".....well duh.......but me being a super amazing pretty good at multitasking, I make sure both my children get what they need......often times, at the same time.

I often thought being a mommy would help me be a better teacher but I think being a teacher before I had children has helped me with patience and knowing what is truly important for my children to have embedded into them long before they start kindergarten.

Story Time

Language Arts: Letter and letter sounds recognition

Thanks to www.starfall.com computer skills/letter sound and sight word practice

You don't have to be a teacher to do these activities, just a mommy with some know how on what materials are out their that will help your children succeed........remember...you're their first teacher :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment