Saturday, February 4, 2012

live in the moment, remember the past, and to embrace the future when it arrives :-)

Have you ever said out loud, "I wish is was summer", "I hope the next few days, months, years, go by really fast"? I have and yesterday really made me realize that I need to live in the moment, remember the past, and to embrace the future when it arrives :-)

The reason for this post, is yesterday we went to the mall for our usually exercise of walking the Lehigh Valley Mall (No we are not the 8 am walkers, we are the, it's a little chilly outside to have our kids out walking around so we are going to go for an "indoor" walk).

Lately everything I have been putting Riley in is getting small....he is 3 and 3T is starting to not fit anymore (he's been like this since he was a baby) so we decided to start looking into some 4T shirts........well....we didn't go to Children's Place........We went to PS Twenty 09 by AEROPOSTALE!!!! I couldn't believe when I asked them what size they started at and the sales person said 4T......MATT AND I SHOP AT AERO........not our sweet little baby boy.......well I we realized at that moment, I we don't have a baby boy anymore, we have a boy.......a boy that in 2 years I will no longer miss while he's at school because he will be attending the same elementary school I teach in. He will have the same principal that when he was 1 1/2, he was visiting me at school one day and she spun him around in her office chair (that better be the only time he is ever in her office).

So even though at times, I want the future to come, I will live in the moment, remember the past, and to embrace the future when it arrives :-)
Then................................

Now............................

No comments:

Post a Comment