Friday, January 27, 2012

Having the Best of Both Worlds

Since I could remember, I have only ever wanted to be two things in life.....a mommy (probably because I thought I had the best mom and grandmother) and a teacher (I had some good and some "not so good" teachers). I never once thought for a second that I couldn't have both. Now, half way through my 6th year teaching and having two children, although I am busy all the time and very tired, I am able to have "The best of both worlds".

I enjoy what I do for a living.....although at times......it can be very stressful......... but I want to work hard for my family and I want my children to one day say, "My mom is a teacher and she's the best". I was always very proud and still proud of my Momma for all the jobs she needed to have when my siblings and I were little......I am still proud of you Mom!

From 4 pm to 7:30 am and every holiday and weekend, I get to be a mommy and wife. I would not trade this time for all the millions of dollars in the world. I make sure our weekends are packed with family fun activities (gymnastics, swim lessons, Color Me Mine, walks around the malls.........even movie time), then off to church on Sundays.......as long as we all are up and ready to make the 45 min drive to one of the greatest churches.

Some say you have to choose.......I'm here to tell you, you can have "The best of both worlds"

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Katie. I don't think moms should have to choose either! I just that we should do what is best for our families. I feel blessed that for me, it means being a stay-at-home mom, at least for now. I admire working moms, and you are such a great example of balancing and being content :-)

    ReplyDelete